What is Psoriatic arthritis ?
Psoriatic arthritis (PsA) as the name suggests characteristically occurs in patients with Psoriasis. It is an autoimmune disease with autoinflammatory signs and symptoms. The duration of psoriasis and its severity determines the likely onset of psoriatic arthritis. About 30% of patients with Psoriasis suffer from Psoriatic arthritis ( PsA). Psoriatic arthritis symptoms develop slowly.
Who gets affected by Psoriatic arthritis ?
Psoriatic arthritis frequency is almost equal in men and women with somewhat difference in the disease pattern. It can begin in childhood or anytime in the life but most commonly seen in the age group of 30’s and 40’s.
What causes Psoriatic arthritis ?
Psoriatic arthritis is an autoimmune disease and a seronegative arthritis. The causative factor for the state of Psoriatic arthritis is not yet known. It is also associated with HLA-B27 histocompatibility antigen. So it a very deep seated disorder of unknown aetiology.
What are the signs and symptoms of Psoriatic arthritis?
In majority of the patients, Psoriasis is the disease they suffer from followed by joint disease. But it becomes more challenging to diagnose when arthritis precedes psoriasis .
Psoriatic arthritis can be known by the symptoms of
• Oligoarthritis : One or few joints get affected
• Polyarthritis : Multiple joints have arthritis condition due to PsA
• Axial arthritis : Spondylitic changes in the spine and sacroiliac joints are noticed.
• Nail changes are more common in patients of psoriasis with PsA than without PsA.
• Shortening of digits due to changes in the bone structure is hallmark of Psoriatic arthritis.
• Back pain , Neck pain and stiffness of joints affected is common feature of PsA.
What are the types of Psoriatic arthritis ?
Types of Psoriatic arthritis are :
• Symmetric PsA resembles rheumatoid arthritis with mild symptoms
• Asymmetric PsA involves any joint and they appear as “ sausage digits.”
• Distal interphalangeal predominant (DIP): involves the joints of fingers and toes
• Spondylitis : The spine and the sacroiliac joints develop spondylitic changes
• Arthritis mutilans : The most severe type of PsA and there is deformities of joints, primarily of the small joints of the hands and feet.
What is the treatment for Psoriatic arthritis ?
The treatment of Psoriatic arthritis can be classified into two parts : First , when psoriatic arthritis develops after psoriasis . In such a state, prompt treatment for psoriasis need to be done to cure psoriasis and prevent psoriatic arthritis. If psoriatic arthritis has developed, then initial treatment is to be given for PsA followed by treatment for Psoriasis.
Second part is , if psoriatic arthritis precedes psoriasis. The diagnosis becomes challenging and early detection and treatment cures PsA and also prevents the occurrence of Psoriasis.
At Positive Homeopathy, emphasis is given on the medical history, duration of the disease, constitution of the patient to ensure Psoriatic arthritis is cured permanently without much dietary restrictions.
How does Homeopathy cure Psoriatic arthritis ?
The cure of any autoimmune disease required constitutional method of treatment and there are excellent homeopathic medicines which are selected based on constitution of the patient. These remedies act at every level of body to normalise the autoimmune response which is against the bodily functioning.
Some of the best indicated homeopathic remedies for Psoriatic arthritis are Graphites, Lycopodium, Sulph iod., Arsemicum iod, Sepia, Staphy., Opium etc among other such deep-acting homeopathic medicines having their action on immune mechanism to meant to cure Psoriasis and Psoriatic arthritis.
Positive Homeopathy has well-trained and experienced doctors to provide constitutional and holistic best treatment for Psoriatic arthritis and Psoriasis of all kinds and types.
Please, submit your request and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
We maintain confidentiality of your health details