Physiological illness is a deterrent for the patient and the family around him or her!
It has become one of the major health concerns today. The term Schizophrenia has come into use only recently, in olden days, the people suffering from this illness were considered possessed and were tortured.
Schizophrenia is caused due to imbalances of chemicals in the brain which leads to messages in the brain to mix up and cause havoc. People with Schizophrenia are split up from reality and cannot differentiate between reality and hallucinations
Individuals with schizophrenia think they are hearing things and believe someone is out to harm them!
People with schizophrenia may just sit for hours thinking and not moving and sometimes they talk to themselves about inane things. You cannot predict Schizophrenia, it appears without warning. Patients can cause harm to themselves or people around them.
Symptoms of schizophrenia:
- Confused thinking and speech
- Forgetful mind
- Disordered thinking
- Catatonic behaviour
- Mood swing
- Suicidal attempts
- Any severe infection faced during intrauterine development and birth.
- Exposure to lead, X-ray radiation, alcohol, drugs like Marijuana.
- Low Folic Acid levels
- Genital herpes in pregnant women
- Child abuse – physical, emotional and sexual.
- Stressful life events.
There are five types of Schizophrenia:
- Paranoid Schizophrenic – These patients are sceptical and think everyone is plotting against them.
- Disorganized Schizophrenic – These individuals are restless, emotionless, verbally illogical and absurd.
- Catatonic Schizophrenic – These individuals are very pessimistic, secluded and present abnormal behaviour.
- Undifferentiated Schizophrenic – These individuals exhibit psychotic signs with absolute loss of contact with reality.
- Residual Schizophrenic – These individuals do not hallucinate, but are suicidal with no interest in life.
Homeopathic remedies for schizophrenia!
The following are the homeopathic medicines:
- Cocculus Indicus: Disposition to take everything in bad part and to be angry.
- Aconite Napellus: Fearful anticipation of approaching death; predicts the day he is to die. Fear of spectres and dark.
- Veratrum Album: Tired of life, but fear of dying
- Cannabis Indica: Delirium tremendous, trembling, hallucinations, tendency to become furious, nausea.
- Platinum Metallicum: The delusion of the senses, feeling as of being too large and on the contrary, all other things and persons seem to be too small and too low.
- Hyoscyamus: Delirium without consciousness does not know anybody.
- Thuja: As if a strange person were at his side as if the soul were separated from the body; as if the body especially the limbs were of glass and would break easily, as if a living animal were in the abdomen. Getting orders from dead souls, think someone controlling his mind.
Homeopathy treatments have been successful in reducing the symptoms to a great extent. Experienced homeopathy doctors can establish a trustworthy relationship with the patient and Positive Homeopathy Clinics boasts of expert professionals who will guide you every step of the way!