One of the factors, which is most common among us Indians (apart from Cricket, of course!), is Gastritis!!
It is true, may be our lifestyle or eating habits, almost every other member of the family (especially Men) suffer with this problem.
What is Gastritis?
Simply put, Gastritis is an inflammation with irritation and swelling, of the lining of the stomach. It causes severe pain!
What causes it?
Any of the following can trigger the Gastritis:
- An infection
- Excessive use of cocaine or alcohol
- Regularly intake of pain-killers
- A stressful event such as a bad injury or critical illness, or major surgery.
- Autoimmune disorders
- Digestive diseases and disorders such as Crohn’s disease
What are the most common symptoms?
- Appetite loss
- Black stools
- Pain in the upper part of the abdomen
- a full feeling in the upper abdomen after eating
How Is Gastritis Diagnosed?
Usually the Doctors suggest:
- A complete blood count (CBC) is used to check your overall health.
- A blood, breath, or saliva test is used to check for H. pylori.
- A faecal test is used to check for blood in your stool.
How does Homeopathy help?
Homeopathy can help you achieve absolute freedom from frequent attacks of dyspepsia and flair ups of gastritis. One of the biggest advantages of starting with homeopathic treatment for gastritis is that the medicine is safe and gives no side effects.
Some of the common Gastritis homeopathic medicines are:
- Veratrum Album
- Nux Vomica
What are the Lifestyle and diet changes needed to prevent Gastritis?
Diet and Lifestyle changes required to be followed are:
- Avoiding or limiting alcohol consumption
- Avoiding spicy, fried, and acidic foods
- Eat frequent and small meals
- Reduce Stress
Drink 6-8 glasses of steam distilled or filtered water a day
- Eat 50% raw fruits and vegetables
- Do not worry as much about calories as eating the right foods
- Carrot and Celery sticks are good to use as a snack
- A colon cleansing can be very helpful
- use stress relief like going for walks in the park
- Brown rice
- Reduce intake of dairy products
- Fast a few days a month
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep
- Exercise light
- Avoid artificial sweeteners like Aspartame and NutraSweet
- Do not chew gum – it can cause you to feel hungry
- Do not watch too much TV, instead try reading a book or something else
You can consult the experts at Positive Homeopathy for effective results! We aim to make your Life pain and stress free!!