BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
Schizophrenia is a mental disorder in which people interpret realty abnormally. The exact cause is unknown, but genetics, environment and chemical imbalance in brain may lead to it. It is characterized by abnormal social behavior. In severe cases, patients may see or hear things that aren’t real.
- Behavioral: Aggression, hyperactivity, self harm, lack of restraint and social withdrawal
- Psychological: Visual or auditory hallucination, paranoia, depression and fear
- Cognitive: Delusion, thought disorder and slowness in activity
- Speech: Incoherent speech or rapid and frenzied speaking
Medication only treats some symptoms of schizophrenia. Antipsychotic medication only reduces psychotic symptoms but can’t treat symptoms such as social withdrawal. Homeopathy treats the whole person and not just the symptoms. No homeopathic medication should be taken without consulting a certified homeopath. Few homeopathic medications used in the treatment of schizophrenia are:
- Hyoscyamus Niger is useful when delusion is the main symptom.
- Anacardium Orientale is an important medicine to treat patients with auditory hallucinations.
- Cannabiis Indica is an important medicine to treat patients with disorganized speech.