BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is a mental disorder in which a person has uncontrollable, recurrent thoughts (mostly negative), needs to check things repeatedly and/or perform certain actions repeatedly.
OCD is a chronic and long-lasting disorder and it can severely impact a person’s life and his/her relationships. A person is so preoccupied with mental images/thoughts called obsessions and repeated action performing, that it ultimately leads to anxiety and depression.
Signs and Symptoms
- Obsessive thoughts may include:
- Fear of germs or contamination
- Excessive sexual thoughts
- Destructive thoughts towards oneself and others
- The need to check things repeatedly called compulsive behavior may include:
- Excessive hand washing
- Checking if the door is correctly locked or not
- Maniac tendency that everything should be in perfect order
- Severe anxiety and depression
- Can even lead to suicidal tendencies
Homeopathy has proven results when it comes to its efficacy in treating psychological problems. It does not prescribe antidepressants and mind altering substances that have adverse side effects. It is safe and effective in treating as the basic principles of homeopathy involve in considering the mental state of the patient as an important parameter for the treatment.
- Cannabis indica
- Natrum mur
As with every homeopathic remedy it should be taken under the guidance of a certified homeopathy.