BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
Hysteria is exaggerated or uncontrollable emotion or excitement. It is characterized by the conversion of psychological stress into physical symptoms or a change in self awareness such as selective amnesia.
Physical symptoms with Psychological basis
- Speech loss
- Imagined problem with body part
- Constant thinking about one’s real or perceived flaws
- Health anxiety
Since hysteria is the intensification of physical traits to satisfy the psychological stress, cognitive behavioral therapy is very effective in treating it. Homeopathic remedies for personality types based on traits can help the patient recover and gain confidence quickly.
Schizophrenia is a mental disorder in which people interpret realty abnormally. The exact cause is unknown, but genetics, environment and chemical imbalance in brain may lead to it. It is characterized by abnormal social behavior. In severe cases, patients may see or hear things that aren’t real.
- Behavioral: Aggression, hyperactivity, self harm, lack of restraint and social withdrawal
- Psychological: Visual or auditory hallucination, paranoia, depression and fear
- Cognitive: Delusion, thought disorder and slowness in activity
- Speech: Incoherent speech or rapid and frenzied speaking
Medication only treats some symptoms of schizophrenia. Antipsychotic medication only reduces psychotic symptoms but can’t treat symptoms such as social withdrawal. Homeopathy treats the whole person and not just the symptoms. No homeopathic medication should be taken without consulting a certified homeopath. Few homeopathic medications used in the treatment of schizophrenia are:
- Hyoscyamus Niger is useful when delusion is the main symptom.
- Anacardium Orientale is an important medicine to treat patients with auditory hallucinations.
- Cannabiis Indica is an important medicine to treat patients with disorganized speech.