The abnormal and unusual growth of the cells or the tissues within the brain is known as brain tumor. Brain tumors are basically of two types. They are malignant tumors which are also known as cancerous and the other type is non-malignant or non-cancerous or benign tumors. Brain tumors are caused because of the uncontrolled cell division because of the improper functioning of the brain. The cells which are unable to be controlled in this disease are neurons, glial cells, astrocytes, ependymal cells, myelin-producing Schwann cells, lymphatic tissue, blood vessels etc.
Among the children, the true or primary brain tumors are usually located in the posterior cranial fossa. Among the adults, these would generally appear in the anterior two-thirds of the cerebral hemispheres. Brain tumors can affect any part of the brain in adults irrespective of the location they are in.
Depending on the characteristics of the tumor, there are two types of brain tumors:
- Brain tumor depending on the tumor size or volume.
- Brain tumor depending on the location of the tumor.
Whether a brain tumor is a benign or a malignant one depends on the time point of the symptom on set. Hence whether a tumor is lethal or non-lethal can be identified as follows:
- Benign tumor if the symptoms grow at a very slow rate and they show very late.
- Malignant tumor if the symptoms grow at a very fast rate and they show very early.
Persons who are experiencing the second type of symptoms should consult a doctor immediately as they observe them. They can be very harmful and unable to be treated if the patients do not seek instant medical attention.
TYPES OF TUMORS:
- Large tumors in the brain can lead to high intracranial pressure which is nothing but a form of hypertension inside the brain. This would be translated into continuous and severe headaches, vomiting, unconsciousness etc.
- Even small tumors which obstruct the passage of cerebrospinal fluid may cause similar tumors as that of a large tumor. Especially in children, the high brain pressure may lead to an unusual increase in the diameter of the skull.
SYMPTOMS DUE TO DIFFERENT TUMOR LOCATIONS:
Different tumor locations may lead to different types of symptoms. Some of the basic symptoms are
- Cognitive and behavioral impairment
- Personality changes
- Visual field impairment
- Facial paralysis
- Double vision
- Tremor etc.
Though these are not the symptoms of only brain tumor, it is advised to consult a physician and get the doubts cleared up.
Brain tumors, as explained above, could be lethal or non-lethal. Whatever the kind it might be, it’s always better to have the person checked up who has been experiencing the symptoms stated before. Homeopathy has proved an efficient and effective treatment for permanent recuperation from this disease. But patients should follow the instructions and prescriptions of the Homeopathy doctor right from the start of the first consultation for successful and permanent treatment.